The Big Read
Coming to the South Dakota Synod Lent 2013
An invitation from your South Dakota Synod Steward Leaders:
Please join your sisters and brothers in Christ across the South Dakota Synod in reading and discussing, the book Making Sense of the Cross, by David Lose. This book, along with the accompanying study materials, speaks directly to the core of our message of the Gospel and empowers people to live and share their faith in the shadow of the cross of Jesus. What if the message of the cross of Jesus became the substance of our everyday conversation?
What if our lives were shaped by such a living and daring confidence in the Gospel that we would feel free to wrestle with our questions and doubts without fear? What if those who are marked by the cross of Christ lived daily as though it were so? Join us as we embark together on the quest of “Making Sense of the Cross.”
Check it out: Big Read Message from David Lose
How To Order:
All materials below may be ordered through the Augsburg Fortress webstore or by calling 800-328-4648.
- The Course Kit is priced at $39.99 (includes participant book, leader guide, and DVD)
- Participant books are priced $12.99 – $9.74 (based on quantity)
- Leader guides are priced at $19.99
- DVDs are priced at $16.99
Please feel free to adapt these resources to suit your needs.
- A Few Tips for The Big Read (PDF)
- Sample Sign Up Sheet (Word)
- Sample Letter to Congregations (Word)
- Sample Bulletin Insert (Word)
- Possible Timeline for The Big Read (PDF)
- Postcard Example (Word)
- The Big Read 2013 Flier (PDF)
The Big Read 2013 Powerpoint: