Who We Are
The South Dakota Synod is one of the 65 Synods of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, a church so deeply and confidently rooted in the Gospel of God’s grace that we are free to give our lives joyfully in witness and service.
Our Vision: That All May be Fed
Nurtured in Word and Sacrament,
God sends us to become a joyful sign of God’s abundant blessing as we:
- proclaim the good news of Jesus to every hungering soul,
- share compassion with all who suffer, and
- feed all whose bodies lack nourishment.
Prayer, Human Dignity, Gratitude, The Neighbor, Grace
We commit ourselves to:
- Pray without ceasing,
- Respect the sacred dignity of every human being,
- Cultivate a deep sense of gratitude to God, the giver of all good things,
- Seek out and befriend the neighbor,
- Remain humble in the conviction that our calling comes purely by the grace of God.
Download a printable version for use in your congregation.
Meet the Synod Staff.