Interviews: Entrance, Endorsement, Approval
With so many students on nontraditional tracks, it is important for YOU to contact us when you need your entrance, endorsement, or approval interview. All materials are required to be into the synod office at least one month prior to the interview!
Notes and Reminders for Candidates
- Follow the Candidacy Process Checklist to track your process and know the next steps you need to complete. The checklist takes you through all of the major steps of the Candidacy process.
- You are responsible for keeping track of your academic process. For Associates in Ministry, this is done by using the Associate in Ministry Criteria/Theological Education Information and Planning Guide. A copy of this form completed with documentation of coursework finished should be provided at the time of Endorsement and again at Approval. Transcripts and certificates are not sent to the synod office by anyone else but you.
- Keep in touch with your relator and call the synod office when you have further questions.
- Keep a copy of all your materials for your record. Check with the synod office periodically to verify if we have received materials you sent.
Associate in Ministry Candidates:
- Coursework may be completed by taking college courses or working through Select classes. Yes, you may audit a college course as long as you can successfully show completion of the course. Select coursework information is available online at SELECT.
- Please read through Section C of the Candidacy Manual. Section I contains examples of all forms used throughout the process.
- If you are interested in CPE, check the ACPE website for a listing of certified sites, look on the Avera website, or call Randy Nelson at Luther Seminary.